What's It About?
• AUTHOR'S CHOICE! This round has no overall theme. Do whatever your heart desires! :D
• All fics will be due by May 4th, at 11:59 pm EST. Anything submitted after this time will not be posted. Fics not received by the deadline cannot be added in afterward because this is a blind challenge, so the late added fic and author would obviously be paired together. Thank you for your understanding.
• A masterlist of fics will be posted to blind_go on Children's Day, May 5th, as soon as possible.
• You must sign up officially to participate. Sign up to this post with your:
Writing archive: (if not AO3, it can be a link to DW/LJ memories, a fic DW/LJ, or a separate site)
• If anyone doesn't have an AO3 account but would like to participate, we can help you get an account. If that ends up happening, we will need to know the username you choose.
• Sign ups will close March 19th at 11:59pm.
• A unique ID will be sent to everyone who signs up shortly after sign-ups close.
• If two people are collaborating, they both need to sign up. Any fics involving someone who doesn't have an ID will not be posted.
• Now, here's where the first changes come in. We've decided to begin implementing AO3 in posting fic! This gives you guys, the authors, 100% control over your fics- not to mention making archiving on AO3 easier, since your fic is already there. Cool, right? That's why we're asking for your AO3 usernames specifically now.
• The collection for this round is here. Go ahead and join the collection and hit the "post to collection" button to post your fic. Keep reading for more specific instructions before you go ahead and hit post, though!
• For everyone's convenience, please put your writer's user ID at the beginning of the title of your fic. If your fic is a collab, then both names should appear in the title, with the ID of the person posting first. Something like [ID1/ID2] Actual Title will work nicely. Obviously you'll be free to edit that out later, but do not remove the ID until after the guesing period is over. Otherwise, people may not be able to guess!
• If you chose to use any themes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know. In the email, include your AO3 username, writer's ID, the name of your fic, and the themes used.
• Please leave any info about the fic BLANK until after the end of the challenge! This means categories, relationships, characters, additional tags, summary, and notes should all be completely empty! Additionally, fics should be not rated and you should choose not to use archive warnings. We've always gone into each BG fic with an empty slate and no assumptions, and that's an aspect of BG that we would like to keep. If we see that you have filled any of these categories, you'll be asked to remove them. If you refuse to remove them, we will delete your piece from the collection. As with the title, you're obviously free to add all of that information after the fact.
• Also, please make sure that the three boxes in the privacy section remain unchecked before you post.
• All fics must be for the Hikaru no Go fandom (Crossovers and AUs are allowed as long as the writing features Hikaru no Go characters)
• The word count for this round is a minimum of 500 words! Any singular fic less than 500 words will not be posted. That being said, now that we're posting on AO3, you can split up your fic into as many chapters as you want!
• Writers can submit up to five fics. If you collaborate with someone, that fic will count as one for each person involved.
• This is author's choice, so feel free to do whatever you want. Have fun with it!
• Once fics go live, please try to avoid any major edits unless there's a big formatting problem or the like. Fixing typos and minor errors is okay, but please don't change your entire fic or plot points, okay?
• Remember that just like this is new to you, this is new to us, too. Neither of us have ever hosted a challenge on AO3 before, so please be patient with us! We will try to not suck. And by all means, let us know if something's wrong or not working! (Note: Using the contact info at the bottom of the post generally works a whole lot better/faster than using the official BG email.)
• There will be optional themes provided again this round (hopefully). Writers will be welcome to use any theme from any previous round. You can find previous themes here and here.
• Writers can choose to use a theme or not
• Writers who chose to use theme(s) will be eligible for a theme prize, most likely a graphic of some kind
• More details will be available later
when Ver figures out what the themes are. [A mod!Ver note: If anybody has any ideas for themes, by all means, let her know privately and they'll definitely be considered. She is in the last semester of college and her Logic class is killing her, so. Yeah.]
• Once the fics are opened on AO3, a masterlist of fic and participating authors will be posted, and guesses as to who wrote what will be accepted in a screened post
• The Guessing period will be open for two weeks, until May 19th, 11:59pm EST, and All Will Be Revealed on May 20th, as early as we can
• Until the guessing period is over, authors should not reveal themselves, but are welcome to leave hints or accept guesses of their own
• If fewer than five authors submit fics, then the Guessing Period will be omitted, and fics will be posted with the authors identified
Questions? Post them here, send a PM (Ver or Akichan), or email (Ver or Akichan)! Don't forget that kifu_archive is around for flailing and support, and the support thread will be up shortly. :D
Thank you!! And happy ficcing!!!